In the transportation sector, the adoption of hybrid electric and electric drivetrains for commercial vehicles improves fuel economy and reduces emissions-use energy storage to capture braking energy and provide drivetrain power. The global market is estimated at more than $5 billion.
Altairnano’s technology helps commercial hybrid electric and electric vehicles achieve market-leading power performance. With our battery solutions, HEVs and EVs can:
- Operate in “diesel off mode” from zero to 30 miles per hour
- Quietly “electrically idle” using battery power – not diesel
- Perform in fully loaded, GVW 6-8 intercity operations
- Perform in severe service and off-road vehicles
- Start and operate in -40°C without battery heaters
This results in a significant, profit-driving impact on fuel consumption, emissions, noise pollution and maintenance costs.
In addition, Altairnano provides affordable, reliable power and a greener alternative to diesel that can help decrease emissions and greenhouse gases, improve energy security and safeguard public health.